Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care manager, Mr Ehsan Chughtai, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Mr Ehsan Chughtai will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Mr Ehsan Chughtai will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mr Ehsan Chughtai will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner to review his decision to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman.
- The Office of the Legal Ombudsmen came into effect on 06 October 2010. We very much hope that you will have no cause to complain but at the end of the firm’s internal complaints process you will have a further right to complaint to the Legal Ombudsmen at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, telephone 0300 555 0333 to consider the complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsmen within 6 months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.